✔ What's Cool
1. With 140,000 words, phrases and examples, meanings, British and American English word pronunciations, Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary, fourth edition is trusted by millions of English learners worldwide.
2. Every dictionary entry has thesaurus sections that show related words, phrases and synonyms for each meaning, helping you to expand your English knowledge.
Download and install Cambridge English Dictionary on your computer
Hurray! Seems an app like cambridge english dictionary is available for Windows! Download below:
|1.||Cambridge Dictionaries||Download||4.3/5 |
Not satisfied? Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
|cambridge english dictionary||Get App or Alternatives|| 209 Reviews |
|Cambridge University Press|
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the Cambridge English Dictionary app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using Cambridge English Dictionary on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "Cambridge English Dictionary"
- The search will reveal the Cambridge English Dictionary app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once Cambridge English Dictionary is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including Cambridge English Dictionary.
- Now enjoy Cambridge English Dictionary on PC.
Install Cambridge English Dictionary on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Need help? contact us here →
How to download and install Cambridge English Dictionary on Windows 11
To use Cambridge English Dictionary mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen (minimum), AMD Ryzen 3000 (minimum) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "Cambridge English Dictionary" in search bar. On the results page, open and install Cambridge English Dictionary.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » Cambridge English Dictionary. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
Cambridge English Dictionary On iTunes
|Download||Developer||Rating||Score||Current version||Adult Ranking|
|Free On iTunes||Cambridge University Press||209||2.59809||3.71.562||4+|
Download on Android
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Have a nice day!
Software Features and Description
FREE PREVIEW Full wordlist and sample entries are available to preview the dictionary content and to try Cambridge English Dictionary functionality._____________With 140,000 words, phrases and examples, meanings, British and American English word pronunciations, the app Advanced Learner's Dictionary, fourth edition is trusted by millions of English learners worldwide. Every dictionary entry has thesaurus sections that show related words, phrases and synonyms for each meaning, helping you to expand your English knowledge. Informed by the the app International Corpus, the dictionary is ideal for IELTS, BEC and the app English: First, Advanced, and Proficiency exam preparation. User Reviews***** Great for those who learn English. ***** My favorite dictionary ever!***** Smart thesaurus is awesome!!_____________Learning Features: • British and American English audio pronunciations, recorded by native speakers• SMART Thesaurus feature gives you related words and phrases at every definition, , not just synonyms • Flash Card Quiz to help you memorize new words• Favourites - to help you quickly access frequently searched words• Search History to revise your recent searches• Table of English Irregular Verbs provides a useful reference resourceSearch Features: • CALD will understand and find a word from any grammatical form• iOS Share. Select any text on Safari sites, emails and share with CALD to get words’ definitions• Multiple clipboard look-up. Copy any text from other apps and view the words’ definitions one by one when you open the CALD• Full Text Search. Look up words throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples• Similar Words Search in case of misspelling• Wildcard Search. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace letters if you’re unsure of the correct spelling. • Anagram Search (e.g. tab-bat)• Hyperlinks between entries: tap on the word in the article to see its definitionInterface Features: • No Internet connection required• Modify animated menus and choose background colours• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition supportAbout the appFounded in the mid-16th century, the app University Press is a world-leading publisher of English learning materials. Playing a leading role in today's global educational market, the app University Press publishes titles written by authors in over 100 different countries.
Top Pcmac Reviews
Best of the best
By Anh Phan89 (Pcmac user)
Could not understand those who gave this 1 star and whining , just because it needed to be paid to fully accessible. Look at Meriam Webster, Oxford dictionary, they all did the same. This is the best dictionary by far, coming from who used a number of ios dictionary (Meriam, Oxford...etc you name it). Worth every penny. Hope the devs keep updating to make it bug-free app.(Video) How to download dictionary on PC| free online dictionary | Merriam Webster #english
Make more accessible
By Black Ragar (Pcmac user)
Huge disappointment, since the web version is totally accessible for searching and exploring all kind of words and some good features.I was expecting to experience the same thing in the app, i even created my own words list on the web version hopping to Synchronizing it via the application but none of these were available unless you buy the whole version which the price of it is a bit exaggerated. I think I’m gonna stick with the web version until i find another alternative.
Charging for dictionary...in 2018?
By Rescuecat69 (Pcmac user)
I get that the app should be profitable in some shape or form, but to prevent the general usage of the app without paying $10+ USD just sounds uninviting, especially since the browser version of the the app dictionary is free to use. I’d understand if the app pushes for purchase of the dictionary during offline mode, but the charge during online mode just seems counterintuitive. The rating I’m giving to this app isn’t based on its functionality or interface. Rather, it’s a rating for the poor business model.
The font is terrible
By Yasooj (Pcmac user)
Please use a bolder font for definition with blue ink!!!2- use italic font with black ink3- let the users choose a different color for background pay attention please! The fonts are very important they should be attractive to read!!!(Video) How to Install Oxford Advanced Dictionary 9th Edition 2022 | English Dictionary | Oxford Dictionary