Photo credits: @bertblaize (bottom left) and @punchbowlcornwall (bottom right)
Doesn't everyone love a wonderful pub? There is something special about the well-worn slate floors, old thick walls, smell of beer and good food in the air and a roaring fire in the hearth.
A good pub can really make a holiday memorable but a good pub with great food and a welcoming atmosphere is even better.
There are hundreds of cosy country pubs all across Cornwall well worth visiting, but there are a few dog-friendly pubs in Cornwall that deserve a special mention too. You can take long walks around the countryside and coast and then pop into a dog-friendly pub for a long lunch and a reviving drink by the fireside or in the beer garden.
Dog-friendly Cornwall cottages
The Mineral Tramway Trails, the China Clay Trails and the South West Coast Path are all wonderful dog walks that offer idyllic views over stunning destinations – great if you want to work up an appetite! Get more ideas and advice on our guide to discovering dog-friendly Cornwall.
Read on and pick out your perfect dog-friendly pub in Cornwall to visit during your next UK holiday…
- Dog-friendly pubs in North Cornwall
- Dog-friendly pubs in South Cornwall
- Dog-friendly pubs in West Cornwall
The Springer Spaniel, nr Launceston
Perfectly named for our canine buddies, The Springer Spaniel is a dog-friendly pub that is very atmospheric with dark beams and open fires.
The ultra-cosy environment makes it an ideal place to collapse after a brisk dog walk. Why not take a wander around Launceston's town centre with its medieval castle?
- On the website, it says clearly and proudly: ‘WE LOVE & WELCOME DOGS’
- Believed to be the only pub in the UK with this super dog-friendly name
- On the edge of the Tamar Valley, ideal for riverside and country walkies
Dog-friendly cottages in Launceston
Photo credits: @porkbellystudios (left) and @gracehardy_ (right)
The Cornish Arms, St Merryn
The Cornish Arms is Rick Stein’s famously dog-friendly pub in Cornwall where dogs are most welcome, but you would expect nothing less from Rick Stein who has always had a soft spot for a pet pooch.
Specialising in locally landed Atlantic fish, you are bound to find the perfect seafood dish to enjoy with some Cornish ale. A short drive from Padstow, make sure this quality boozer is on your radar.
- There’s a delightful beer garden where dogs can lounge (although they are very welcome inside too!)
- The seafood menu offers some interesting possibilities for tasty scraps
- It’s right by the coast so you could venture down to Harlyn Bay where dogs can feel the wind in their fur and the sand beneath their paws
Dog-friendly cottages in Padstow
The Harbour Inn, Padstow
This dog-friendly pub in Cornwall serves fresh, home-cooked food and welcomes dogs. The Harbour Inn is a very traditional pub so head here for good hearty meals, original features and an olde-worlde vibe - this is a place where you can imagine grisly old sailors getting together for a few pints after a day or two out at sea.
Padstow is a wonderful place to spend the day, it has had its fair share of the limelight on television thanks to resident celebrity chef Rick Stein yet it very much deserves its glory.
- There’s a wonderful wood burner for pups to sprawl in front of!
- Watch the boats come and go in the harbour outside before you retreat into this cosy pub
- It’s ideally located for a hearty meal after a day exploring Padstow
Dog-friendly cottages in Padstow
Photo credit: @shore_clean_cornwall
Cobweb Inn, Boscastle
After a brisk walk for some exercise, why not stop off at this historic dog-friendly inn in Cornwall which has a strong musical history and a love of dogs? It is preferred that dogs remain on a lead but they are more than welcome to visit the Cobweb Inn by your side.
Boscastle is completely beautiful and has lots of walks all around the North Cornwall coast and through the countryside.
- Cobweb Inn boasts two real fires for warming those paws
- Dogs welcome in the bar area
- Water bowls provided for pups in need of a drink
All Boscastle cottages
Photo credits: @janknu66 (left) and @firecracker_amber (right)
The Watering Hole, Perranporth
This unique beachfront pub is a one-of-a-kind place to head to for a pint or lunch with your canine friend. Enjoy a trip to The Watering Holeand dine beside the sea.
There are plenty of great reasons to visit aside from the seafront location! This dog-friendly pub in Cornwall offers beach huts for rent, it’s home to a surf school and they are keen on their music events there’s even a video gallery so you can check out what goes on.
If you and your canine companion love a day by the seashore, take a look at our blog revealing a whole of wonderful dog-friendly beaches in Cornwall - ideal for your next dog-friendly holiday.
- They claim to be the UK’s only bar on the beach – and yes, it’s a dog-friendly beach of course!
- Water bowls out in the summer to help keep hot dogs cool
- Tables and benches outside where tired pups can hide under for a snooze
Dog-friendly cottages in Perranporth
Photo credit: @heroninnmalpas
The Heron Inn, Truro
A riverside gastropub serving exquisite dishes such as their Cornish-inspired Paella, curried cauliflower and chickpea fritters, and steamed West Country mussels, this locally acclaimed inn is a great place to eat with dogs.
As you can tell from the few meals we've mentioned, they have a wide range of seafood food offerings that are locally sourced and reflects Cornwall's wild and varied coastline. See if you can nab a seat outside and your faithful pup can watch the boats bob past while you dine.
- The fantastic waterside views are impressive
- You could enjoy a riverside, pre-dinner walk before settling down to eat
- Any seafood aficionados will be in their element and dogs will no doubt appreciate a titbit when you're finished
Dog-friendly cottages in Truro
The Blue Peter Inn, Polperro
This wonderful waterfront dog-friendly inn in Cornwall offers up fantastic views, an old-world atmosphere and they have no problem shouting about the awards they’ve won!
Check out The Blue Peter Inn's website where they’ve listed their certificates including being awarded gold from Taste of the South West and receiving a silver Green Tourism award. We reckon this must mean quality food in a quality location!
- Bonios behind the bar!
- There’s no parking at the pub itself, so you and your dog can enjoy ‘walkies’ along the harbour and quayside to reach this pretty pub
- This pub is so popular is has merchandise including bandanas for sale for your four-legged friend
Dog-friendly cottages in Polperro
Photo credits: @punchbowlcornwall (top and bottom left) and @cornersofcornwall (bottom right)
The Punch Bowl & Ladle, nr Truro
A stylish dog-friendly pub in Cornwall, set in the forested hamlet of Penelewey, where you’ll find a mix of sofas and vintage wooden tables, as well as a pool table and occasional live music.
The Punch Bowl & Ladle is less than 2 miles from the National Trust’s Trelissick Garden and the River Fal so there is plenty of opportunity for walkies beside the river or through Trelissick’s estate (dogs can’t visit the garden unfortunately but are welcome to explore the woodlands and open countryside).
- They’re completely dog-friendly throughout the whole pub
- Surrounded by woodland – perfect for that pre-pub dog walk
- There’s a wood burner too which is great for warming up wet dogs
Dog-friendly Roseland Peninsula cottages
Photo image: @bertblaize
The Gurnard's Head, Zennor
A dining pub in a soul-stirring landscape whose food is often foraged from the doorstep, The Gurnard's Head is a unique dog-friendly pub with a lot of heart and love for their ancient surroundings. Drop in at this dog-friendly Cornwall pub and enjoy a warming gazpacho or dish made up of crab, sourdough, tomato, aioli, and basil.
The team behind The Gurnard's Head have a keen interest in supporting local artists and musicians so you'll see art adorning the walls, are a member of the Sustainable Restaurant Association, and follow the lovely philosophy, 'The simple things in life done well.'
- Low-slung ceilings, granite walls and warming fires create a welcoming atmosphere for you and your dog to relax
- There's the opportunity to take part in a foraging day
- Stop here mid-way through a dog walk along the South West Coast Path
Dog-friendly cottages in St Ives
Photo credit: @theshipinnporthleven
The Ship Inn, Porthleven
You and your salty sea dog can step back in time at this 17th-century inn that was once a popular haunt of smugglers working their trade along the Cornish coast. Today, The Ship Inn is a traditional pub and a welcoming destination for locals and holidaymakers alike.
Sit out on the terraces set on the hillside if you would like to take in views across the harbour or cosy up in the atmospheric interior where bar mats have been used to decorate the ceiling and give this eatery a quirky edge. Classic fish and chips, Cornish crab nachos and brie with red cabbage and pistachio pesto can all be found on their hearty menu.
- The Ship Inn often has a catch of the day option from the harbour that's right outside their front door
- Warming fires and outdoor space offers a choice of lovely places where your dog will enjoy relaxing while you eat
- They have a selection of top-quality local beer
Dog-friendly cottages in Porthleven
Photo credits: @AndyLittlePhotography (top left and bottom) and @AdamSargentPhotography (top right)
The Rockpool Cafe, Gwithian
With locally-sourced fusion food as well as Cornish favourites on offer, it's a delightful choice for a meal out with your four-pawed friend. This dog-friendly pub serves good grub all day, from breakfast 'til dinnertime.
On a visit to The Rockpool Cafe, enjoy avocado, kale and poached eggs on toast to start the day right, stop off for a sugary sweet local cake when you fancy a snack, or tuck into a toasted mixed bean burrito come if you need to refuel after a day on the beach.
- While Gwithian Beach does have summer restrictions, Mexican Towans Beach just down the road is dog-friendly all year
- Enjoy sea views and people-watch from the decking while you dine
- Keep an eye on their events calendar as they run gigs throughout the year
Dog-friendly cottages in Hayle
Map of the best dog-friendly pubs in Cornwall
Please enable cookies via the cookie preference centre to view this content.
Visit these dog-friendly pubs in Cornwall
Of course, as you would expect we have some excellent dog-friendly cottages for you if you do decide to bring your pet on holiday! If we have missed any pubs you love or you want to nominate your favourite, let us know.
Dog-friendly Cornwall cottages