4/5 - (19 votes)
My favourite range from L’oreal – The true match has yet another innovative launch. This time its a compact foundation. I did get it 2 weeks back and have been testing it out since then. Loreal True match liquid foundation is my all time favourite and this one is pretty amazing as well. So let us go through the L’Oreal True Match Genius 4-In-1 Compact Foundation Review, Swatches.
Claims by L’oreal for the True Match Genius 4-In-1 Compact Foundation
- Combines foundation, concealer, primer & powder
- Convenient slim compact with mirror
- Unique transforming texture
- Softness of a cream base
- Coverage & fluidity of a liquid formula
- Velvet finish powder
- Corrects like a concealer
- Can be used all over or as a touch up on blemishes or under eye circles
- Sponge for quick and easy application
Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cera Microcristallina/Microcrystalline Wax,Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Sisesquioxane Crosspolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminium Hydroxide, Serica Powder/Silk Powder Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Palmitoyl Proline, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Palmitoyl Sarcosinate, Magnesium Palmitoyl Glutamate, Palmitic Acid, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Matricaria Flower Extract, Bht, Tocopherol [+/- May Contain: Ci 77891/ Titanium Dioxid, Mica, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499/Iron Oxides].
How to Use L’Oreal True Match Genius 4-In-1 Compact Foundation
- Start with a well cleansed, toned and moisturised face.
- Apply True Match Genius using the applicator provided. Start at your forehead and blend down to your nose and cheeks.
- Continue to blend down past your cheeks, upper lip and chin. Make sure you do so in a downward motion for a perfect finish.
₹ 1295.00 for 7 grams in India.
$ 19.50 for 7 grams in the USA.
£ 12.99 for 7 grams in the UK.
In Detail L’Oreal True Match Genius 4-In-1 Compact Foundation Review, Swatches and My Experience
The packaging of this compact foundation is pretty unique and sleek,pretty much looks like a sleek iPod. In addition it has a mirror and an applicator. Its based on white and silver theme with “Genius” written all over it on the front. Moreover, I love how easy it is to carry in my bag. Loreal did a pretty good job with the packaging which is stylish yet user friendly.
The consistency of the product is moderately thick which is necessary for good coverage. The texture of this foundation agian is quite unique. It almost feels like a fusion between a mousse and a cream when I blend it. It spreads out and blends with the ease of a mousse and feels like a cream. Loreal has 7 different shades to offer in this foundation range. My olive skin tone was matched to the shade G3 – Gold Vanilla. I was surprised since this is the first time a “vanilla” shade has been my match 😀
How I Use it
Firstly I tried using it with the sponge applicator which it comes with, but I wasn’t very comfortable. So I switched to my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and sometimes I use it with the beauty blender. It works fine both ways,socompletely depends on you. Therefore, you can use it the way you are comfortable applying your foundation.
First of all, I have to say this is a indeed quite an amazing product. It acts very much like a primer because it blurs out fine lines and pores and softens them. It’s neitherdrying on the skin, nor does it feel oily or greasy. This is quite easy to blend for a cream compact foundation. I do not have major marks or blemishes on my skin. It gives me medium to slightly more coverage. Hence, not really a full coverage product. The coverage is buildable but I feel it you put too much of it, it may end up looking slightly cakey and not natural. Soapplying it in moderation is the best.
It gives a more demi matte or velvety finish on the skin which looks very professional. Doesn’t look overly dry or overly dewy. Basicallyhas a very nicebalance. Another good thing is the fact that the rest of my makeup sits really well on this foundation like my blush, contour and highlighter. The shades really pop out and look vibrant. Most of all I am heads over heels in love with it.
Furthermore, thedownside of this foundation is related to its claims. It doesn’t really work well as a concealer. May be because it doesn’t have that much coverage as one would require for a concealer. Though it can hide minor blemishes, it cannot hide marks or deep dark circles. Secondly, I don’t think it works completely as a primer since my makeup does not stay for super long. It does even out my skin tone, howeverdoesn’t really make my makeup last super longbecauseit does not control skin oils in hot a hot environment like this summer-monsoon season.Therefore, I feel it will work near to perfect in winters or if you are in an air conditioned environment most of the times.
In conclusion,its a lovely foundation with the good concept specially for oily-combination skin like mine. Alsoit should work for dry skin beauties as well since its not drying on the skin, but do moisturise your skin before applying the foundation. Finally, may be its a tad bit overpriced for a drugstore foundation, but they did come up with a decent formula.
More Photos and Swatches
Pros of L’Oreal True Match Genius 4-In-1 Compact Foundation
1. Very unique, sleek and user friendly packaging with applicator and mirror.
2. Blurs fine lines and pores, evens out skin tone.
3. Medium to buildable coverage.
4. Very easy to blend because of its creamy yet mousse like texture.
5. Gives a gorgeous and demi matte finish on the skin.
6. Brightens up the skin tone.
7. Rest of my makeup looks really nice with this foundation.
8. Stays on my skin for 5-6 hours without fading or getting patchy.
9. Very good for oily-combination skin beauties.
10. 7 shades to choose from.
Cons of L’Oreal True Match Genius 4-In-1 Compact Foundation
1. Does not cover deep dark circles or marks, hence one definitely needs a concealer if one has those concerns.
2. Does not control skin oils under humid or hot environmental conditions. Would be rather nice in colder seasons.
3. I am not yet comfortable using the applicator which comes with it.
1. Dry skin beauties are advised to use a moisturiser underneath since it is a mattifying foundation.
2. Because Ioften get oily around the T-zone area, I use a blotting sheet or some translucent powder. You can always carry some in your bag like me. Its a life saver! 😀
3. Although Loreal claims this product can work as a concealer, I don’t think it can hide prominent blemishes. Because I definitely feel a need for separate concealer on areas where one would need proper concealing. However, if you have no prominent blemishes, you may very well pull it off on its own without a concealer.
More from MBF Blog
- Just Herbs Apricot Sparkle Invigorating Skin Radiance Scrub Review
- Biotique Bio Neem Purifying Face Wash Review
- Lotus Herbals Nutramoist Skin Renewal Daily Moisturising Creme SPF 25 Review
- Johnson’s Baby Skin Care Wipes as Makeup Removing Wipes Review
- Anatomicals Deep Cleansing Mud Face Mask Review
- Anatomicals Botanical Hydrating Rose Face Mask Cloth Review
- The Face Shop Real Nature Goji Berry Face Mask Review
- The Face Shop White Seed Blanclouding White Moisture Cream Review
Find the Related Complete posts in the List Below:
- L’Oreal Paris True Match BB Cream Review, Swatches
- Chambor Silver Shadow Compact Powder Review, Shades, Swatches
- L’Oreal Mat Magique Compact Powder Shades, Review
- L’Oreal Mat Magique 12H Bright Mat Foundation Review, Swatches
- Lakme Absolute Creme Compact Review, Swatches
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation Review, Swatches, FOTD
- Sugar As Nude As It Gets SPF 15 Compact Review, Swatches
- All Inglot Stick Foundation Shades Review, Swatches
- All Loreal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder Bare Skin Perfecting Makeup Foundation SPF 18 Shades, Swatches, Price and Details
- The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact Foundation with SPF 15 Review