If you want a successful fashion dropshipping business, then having a reliable supplier is a must. Trusting who makes your products and delivers them to your customers makes a huge difference—not only does it keep your stress levels down, it keeps shoppers happy too.
Choosing the right supplier isn’t easy. Criteria such as the quality of fabric, shipping times, aesthetics, and accessibility are major factors that can deter or attract potential small businesses when it comes to partnering with a clothing supplier.
But with the global apparel and clothing market revenue on the rise (it was valued at $1.5 trillion in 2020 and is set to reach $2.25 trillion by 2025), there’s never been a better time to get started. And, with ecommerce in general taking a large chunk of the retail market share, going online seems like a lucrative option—especially when fashion and footwear account for the largest revenue share in ecommerce, at 24.71%.
The proof is in the figures. This person made $6,667 in eight weeks selling pineapple-shaped jewelry, this person makes $44,000 a month dropshipping clothes in various categories, and this brand generated $27,000 in extra revenue a year from dropshipping.
What is a clothing dropshipping business?
Clothing dropshipping businesses (or fashion dropshipping) sell clothes via third parties that handle stock storage and shipping. Without the need to store products or manage inventory, businesses can work with very little overhead. When an order is received, the information is sent to a dropshipping company (the third party) that will fulfill the order on your behalf.
The third party makes its money by taking a cut of each sale. Dropshipping fees are usually between 10% and 15%, depending on the type of product you’re selling.
What clothing items should I dropship?
Much of your success hinges on your products. Choose a dud, and you’ll struggle to generate the kind of sales that will make a nice profit. When deciding which products to dropship, it’s important to answer the following questions:
- Which clothing items and accessories do I like? Choosing products you like will make them easier to sell. You can narrow your product selection down by material, style, color and pattern, or type of use (e.g., fitness clothing).
- Of the items I like, which have enough demand to be worth it? It’s no good choosing a product there’s very little demand for, since dropshipping successfully often requires it selling at scale.
Free Guide: How to Find a Profitable Product to Sell Online
Excited about starting a business, but not sure where to start? This free, comprehensive guide will teach you how to find great, newly trending products with high sales potential.
Get How To Find A Product To Sell Online: The Definitive Guide PDF delivered right to your inbox.
Almost there: please enter your email below to gain instant access.
We'll also send you updates on new educational guides and success stories from the Shopify newsletter. We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
Thanks for subscribing. You’ll start receiving free tips and resources soon. In the meantime, start building your store with a free 3-day trial of Shopify.
How to find the right products to dropship
1. Google Trends
Use Google Trends to see what items are popular. The handy tool can show you what people want, as well as what’s trending in different markets around the world.
2. Competitor research
Researching similar brands will give you insight into what sells well. For example, if you notice that a product is regularly sold out or it has a lot of reviews, you can safely assume it’s a bestseller.
3. Product analytics
There are a vast number of product analytics tools that track the sales of different items in different categories. This can help you discover bestsellers in a matter of minutes, as well as explore the current and historic pricing of said products.
Starting a dropshipping clothing business
Dropshipping businesses are an easy entry point for entrepreneurs and budding merchants. The lack of storage and physical product management means you can be hands off while still generating a tidy profit.
1. Choose your product
Use the tips above to choose your product range. For best results, employ a mixture of competitor research, product analytics, and Google Trends research to make sure you’ve left no stone unturned.
2. Research the potential size of your market
It doesn’t make sense to choose a product that has a very small, very limited potential market size (unless you’re going for an extremely niche market). Instead, opt for a market that has potential, so you don’t have to keep researching new products and starting from scratch. There are two ways you can do this:
- Primary market research: ask shoppers what products they’re interested in, send out surveys, and use feedback forms on your site to determine how big your pool of customers is
- Secondary market research: dig into second-hand data, such as competitor sales, social media insights, and analytics tools to forecast how big your audience could be
3. Work out your profit margin
The profit margin is the total revenue minus the total costs of your product:
(total revenue - total costs) / total revenue = profit margin
If your products are expensive to make and you’re selling them cheap, your profit margin will be a lot lower than if they were cheap to make and you were selling them at a higher cost. Work out how much profit you’d ideally like to generate and work backward from there.
4. Decide what you want to be known for
The most successful dropshipping businesses have a strong brand. They might lean heavily on sustainability or they might be well-known for their spunky language or retro style. Decide what you want your brand to be known for and create a personality around that. This will impact:
- The look and feel of your website
- The copy and language you use
- The marketing of your products
5. Consider the seasonality of products
Dropshipping can be a great way to drive thousands of sales quickly, but consider whether the time of year will impact your customer base and revenue. For example, if you sell winter scarves, what will you do in the summer? Or if you sell bikinis, how will you continue to create a consistent profit in winter?
6. Plan how you’ll drive traffic
More traffic equals more sales. One of the biggest challenges of running a clothing dropshipping business is getting enough eyeballs on your products. Consider your marketing strategy and how you’ll reach more people. Will you:
- Run social ads?
- Offer a first-time buyer discount?
- Create PPC campaigns?
- Automate email flows?
The strategies you choose will depend on your customer base and the products you’re selling. Try researching how other similar brands are generating traffic and customers to get a headstart.
Important factors to consider when selecting a clothing dropshipper
Choosing a dropping supplier for your clothing brand is a big decision. Get it wrong, and you might struggle to get sales. But get it right, and your brand can take off quickly.
- Price: how much is the dropshipping fee?
- Quality: what materials are used and how are the products made?
- Shipping times: how quickly does the supplier deliver products?
- Reviews: do they have plenty of positive reviews from past customers?
- Return policy: what does the returns policy look like, and is it convenient?
- Service and support: how quickly can you get help?
- Product range: how many products are available to choose from?
19 best dropshipping clothing suppliers
1. My Online Fashion Store
Price: From $29 a month; 14-day free trial
Niche: Women’s unbranded clothing
- Fast shipping and free returns
- Huge catalog of products to choose from
- Responsive customer support
- Automatic inventory count update every four hours
Niche: Products in every category
- Huge selection of products to choose from
- Quickly ships to over 200 destinations
- Regular flash deals
- Easy refunds and returns policy
Price: 100 products for 69 euros + VAT per month; complete catalog for €99 + VAT per month
Niche: Original fashion brands
- Access to 500,000 products from top brands such as Nike, Adidas, Levi’s, and Gucci
- Products offered at a range of different price points
- Personalized support and exclusive offers
Niche: Women’s clothing
- Access to thousands of branded women’s clothing products
- Branded invoices
- Training courses for new dropshippers
Price: Free for up to 25 products; prices start at $35 per month after that
Niche: Fashion clothing in more than 3,000 categories
- Easy-to-use app with access to thousands of products
- Branded products and private label products
- Curate and customize products to fit your store
Price: Free for up to 25 products; prices start at $29 per month after that
Niche: Products in multiple categories
- Access to more than 5 million products
- Automatic product updates and uploads
- Pre-vetted dropshipping suppliers
Niche: Custom and personalized products
- Offers print-on-demand services
- More than half a dozen warehouses worldwide
- More than 230 products in a range of clothing categories
Location: Europe and US
Price: Prices start at $118 per month
Niche: High-end fashion
- Automated plug-in with Shopify
- Thousands of products from brands like Versace, Armani, and Dolce & Gabbana
- Potential for high profit margin with luxury items
Niche: Women’s clothing and street fashion
- 10% to 25% discount on products
- Uses express shipping methods for fast delivery
- Flexible returns policy
Price: Free to use
Niche: One-of-a-kind brands and unique products
- Shopify’s official wholesale marketplace
- More than 150,000 products from unique, high-quality brands
- Ability to forge connections with product creators
- New brands added every week
11. Kiyonna Clothing
Price: Free to use, with a $5 handling fee per item
Niche: Plus-size women’s clothing
- Shipping within 24–48 hours
- Convenient returns policy
- Access to thousands of products in plus sizes
Niche: Fashion and accessories
- Ships and delivers within two to six working days
- Handy mobile app that makes it easy to manage on the go
- Thousands of fashion and accessory products for kids, women, and men
Niche: Clothing for children and babies
- Huge range of products for kids aged 3 months to 14 years
- Good refund and returns policy
- Well-made products with high-quality materials
14. Simplee Apparel
Niche: High-quality women’s clothing
- Competitive discounts for bulk orders
- Label customization services
- Access to professional images and product visuals
Price: Free to use
Niche: Women’s clothing
- Access to a huge range of clothing for every body type
- Competitive prices across multiple lines
- Convenient refunds and returns policy
Niche: Women’s clothing
- Ships worldwide with express shipping
- Access brands including SportySpace and MissDenim
- Ability to visit showroom and negotiate prices in person
Niche: Clothing for men and women
- Huge range of products, including plus-size lines
- Personalized advice about bestselling products and categories
- Good refunds and returns policy
18. Style Centre
Niche: Men’s clothing
- Inventory is restocked and renewed weekly
- Convenient and personalized support
- Access to a huge range of men’s clothing and accessories
Niche: Fashion and accessories
- Dropship products from a well-known brand
- High-quality products and materials
- Convenient and personalized support
Start your clothing dropshipping business
Starting a dropshipping clothing business can be a good move for entrepreneurs. Ecommerce sales are on the rise, with fashion and footwear taking the market share of revenue. But, if you want to get in on the action, it’s important to choose the right clothing supplier. They will essentially be your partner in business, so it’s crucial you choose one that has the features and products you need the most.
Ready to create your business? Start your free 14-day trial of Shopify—no credit card required.
Dropshipping clothing suppliers FAQ
Is it possible to dropship clothing?
Yes, there are a wide range of third-party manufacturers that dropship clothing, meaning there are many styles to choose from if you’re looking to build an online clothing brand.
Is it profitable to dropship clothes?
With dropshipping, costs can be kept very low, since you don’t need to store stock and only pay for items after you’ve sold them. This makes it a low-risk business venture that can be very profitable with a strong brand and the right marketing strategy.
How do you start dropshipping clothes?
- Choose your product
- Research the potential size of your market
- Work out your profit margin
- Decide what you want to be known for
- Consider the seasonality of products
- Plan how you’ll drive traffic
What is the most successful dropshipping company? ›
- AliExpress. AliExpress doesn't need an introduction. ...
- SaleHoo. This is a wholesale supplier directory that connects dropshipping companies with dropshippers supplier allowing them to grow together. ...
- Worldwide Brands. ...
- Doba. ...
- Wholesale2B. ...
- Spocket. ...
- Dropified. ...
- Dropship Clothes. ...
- Catalog Favorites. ...
- PlusBuyer. ...
- Alibaba. ...
- eBay. ...
- Megagoods. ...
- SaleHoo. It is a global and trustworthy place for drop shippers and wholesalers. ...
- AliExpress. AliExpress is a multipurpose platform that handles the B2B market and is now the drop shipping method.
- Andreas Koenig and Alexander Pecka are among the richest dropshippers. ...
- Cole Turner learned about dropshipping when he was just 18 years old but soon became obsessed with the idea.
You make money from dropshipping by adding a profit margin to your product. The merchant will give you their total price and then you add whatever you like to that as your profit earnings. It's worth remembering that your profit margin needs to be realistic, as eCommerce is very competitive.How much money do I need to start a dropshipping business? ›
Technically speaking, you can start dropshipping for less than $100. With the right combination of free trials and starter plans—and a willingness to look the other way and hope for the best when it comes to the quality of your products—a little investing is all that stands between you and a dropshipping store.Is it too late to start dropshipping? ›
It's not too late to start dropshipping, and you can still be profitable with this business model. But old methods aren't good enough. You need to provide your customer with the best online shopping experience possible.How do I find a manufacturer for my clothing line? ›
- Networking. Go to events and make some friends with other startup brands. ...
- Forums. There are so many helpful other groups out there... ...
- Google. ... ...
- Trade Shows And Online Databases. ...
- Sourcing At Magic - Apparel Manufacturing Trade Show. ...
- Common Objective. ...
- Maker's Row. ...
The best way to start a clothing line with no money is to use the print-on-demand dropshipping method. With this model, you pay for products only when a customer orders something, you don't need any inventory, and you're not risking much if the product doesn't sell.What can I name my clothing brand? ›
- Cool Couture.
- Urban Stock.
- Fitted Stitch.
- Monarch Attire.
- Classic Threads.
- Loosely Fitted.
- Workout equipment and apparel.
- Candles and home decor.
- Fun and functional masks.
- Stationery and art supplies.
- Healthy and delicious snacks.
- Pet accessories.
- Locally made products.
Where can I dropship for free? ›
- AliExpress – a free dropshipping supplier with US warehouse. ...
- Chinabrands, a wholesaler for free dropshipping USA. ...
- Wholesale Central – cool and free dropshipping supplier. ...
- CJ Dropshipping – free dropshipping platform.
When you're contacting a supplier, your approach will be more direct, especially if their website mentions they offer dropshipping for retailers. For manufacturers, ask for a list of their wholesale distributors. You can then contact the wholesalers to see if they dropship and inquire about setting up an account.Is 2022 dropshipping worth it? ›
Yes, dropshipping is still worth the investment if you're looking for a low-cost business idea. The number of people searching the term “dropshipping” has increased exponentially in just a few years. Success lies in choosing the right products, maintaining profit margins, and choosing the right suppliers.How long does it take to be successful in dropshipping? ›
You should always treat your dropshipping store like a real business. If you are a beginner, don't expect to be making money within six months. And remember that it can take even longer. But as long as you take it seriously and don't quit working it, you will succeed in making money with dropshipping.Can Shopify make you a millionaire? ›
You can sell products and services online, and you can also earn money by selling advertising space on your website. Overall, Shopify is a great platform for small businesses and entrepreneurs. If you are using Shopify, then you are on the path to becoming a millionaire.How can I get rich quick? ›
- Avoid (and Pay Down) Debt. Debt is not necessarily bad in all instances, but it is something to be avoided most of the time. ...
- Spend Intentionally and Minimize Costs. ...
- Invest as Much as Possible in a Diversified Portfolio. ...
- Work On Your Career. ...
- Find Extra Work.
How much does a Drop Shipping make? As of Oct 25, 2022, the average weekly pay for a Drop Shipping in the United States is $779 a week.Can dropshipping be a full time job? ›
In other words, it takes a little time, but yes, you can make dropshipping a full-time job!Is dropshipping profitable in 2022? ›
Yes, dropshipping is still worth the investment if you're looking for a low-cost business idea. The number of people searching the term “dropshipping” has increased exponentially in just a few years. Success lies in choosing the right products, maintaining profit margins, and choosing the right suppliers.Is Amazon a dropshipper? ›
Does Amazon offer dropshipping services? Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is an alternative to using a dropshipping supplier. You procure products from your supplier of choice while Amazon handles the shipping, customer service, and returns on your behalf.
Is Shopify best for dropshipping? ›
Shopify is the undisputed leader when it comes to e-commerce dropshipping. With website plans starting at just $29 per month, it's an economical choice for startups and small businesses. Shopify even offers a 14-day free trial, so it's a completely risk-free way to launch a new business or test-drive a brand concept.Is Shein a dropship? ›
Shein dropshipping is a popular worldwide business model. The drop shipper can buy clothing from Shein once a customer orders. The supplier then ships the product directly to the customer.Where can I find a good dropshipping product 2022? ›
- Find trending products—they're perfect for a dropshipping business.
- Finding a niche dropshipping product.
- Competitor product research.
- Research product hashtags on TikTok.
- Search social shopping sites for products that sell.
- Join online communities to find products to dropship.
How Much Do Dropshippers Make? Dropshippers make between a 20% and 30% profit from each sale or up to $100,000 per year on average. This works out to be between $1,000 and $5,000 per month.How much money do I need to start a dropshipping business? ›
Technically speaking, you can start dropshipping for less than $100. With the right combination of free trials and starter plans—and a willingness to look the other way and hope for the best when it comes to the quality of your products—a little investing is all that stands between you and a dropshipping store.How much money do you need to start dropshipping on Amazon? ›
How Much Does It Cost to Start Dropshipping on Amazon? Amazon dropshipping requires everyone to sign up as a seller on Amazon's website. Their Individual plan costs $0.99 per unit sold, while the Professional plan will cost you $39.99, regardless of how many items you sell.How can I dropship without money? ›
Two of the top-notch platforms that stand out for dropshipping with no money are Shopify and WooCommerce. While Shopify offers a free trial for you to try and experience the store for free before starting selling, WooCommerce (a WordPress plugin) is also free to download and use.How do I become a successful dropshipper? ›
- Add value. Having a solid plan for how you can add value for your customers is the most crucial success factor. ...
- Focus on marketing and SEO. ...
- Specialize. ...
- Have a long-term perspective. ...
- Offer outstanding service. ...
- Don't get hung up on the details.
- Search on Amazon, AliExpress, or Etsy for the niche you have selected for your store.
- Identify what products are the best sellers under each niche by looking at the number of items sold.
- Double check the popularity of those products on Google Trends.
Choose a Mobile Web Application
You can even continue creating the website from an Android device after accessing the required apps. Additionally, the newbie drop shippers can install that web app on the PC to major changes of the dropshipping site.